Looking for a crowd pleaser for the games this weekend try something that’s a favorite here at the Brick Oven on 35th. Bruschetta easy, tasty and a great finger food for watching football.
- 5 or 6 ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F to preheat.
2. Chop up the tomatoes finely. Put tomatoes, garlic, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, vinegar in a bowl and mix. Add the chopped basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3 Slice the baguette on a diagonal about 1/2 inch thick slices. Coat one side of each slice with olive oil using a pastry brush. Place on a cooking sheet, olive oil side down. You will want to toast them in the top rack in your oven. Place a tray of bread slices in the oven on the top rack. Toast for 5-6 minutes, until the bread just begins to turn golden brown.
4. Drizzle half a teaspoon of olive oil on each slice.
5 Place bread olive oil side up Put some topping on each slice of bread and serve. If you top each slice with the tomatoes, do it right before serving or the bread may get soggy.
This will keep the masses happy… for awhile at least!
Good luck let us know how it turns out you can see more recopies here:Share post